Make learning fun! Surf through our links to learning sites and image galleries. See also the Student & Teacher Resources section of this website for a more comprehensive list of educational links.
- Antique Telescope Society – a group dedicated to restoring and preserving unique antique telescopes.
- Association for Astronomy – promoting astronomy outreach via telescope viewings, planetarium sessions, astronomy open nights and a school of astronomy at Macquarie University.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) – each day a different image or photograph along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.
- Australian Aboriginal Astronomy – a blog of the Australian Aboriginal Astronomy Project at Macquarie University in Sydney, covering archaeoastronomy, ethnoastronomy, historical astronomy, geomythology, and indigenous knowledge.
- Buying your first telescope – read this before you part with your money! Guide to buying a first telescope from Sky & Telescope magazine.
- Hubble Space Telescope Images – archive of Hubble Space Telescope images.
- Kids Astronomy – astro fun zone for kids to learn about astronomy.
- Making sundials – fascinating information on designing and building your own sundial.
- Planetarium Software Page – comparison of commercial and free planetarium software available on the internet.
- Starlore – multicultural perspectives on astronomy through the ages with special emphasis on Australian astronomical history and aboriginal astronomy.
- The NASA Image eXchange – archive of NASA phonographs and images from the early days of space exploration.
- The Nine Planets – engaging multimedia tour of the solar system. Recommended.
- The Worlds Largest Optical Telescopes – comparison of the biggest optical telescopes in the world.
- When Time Began – the history and science of sundials.
Also see our Astronomy Factsheets, produced on behalf of the ASA Education & Public Outreach Chapter (EPOC).